Do you remember the first time Siri hit the world of technology in 2011? It was an instant hit and undoubtedly took the market by storm. People were intrigued to experiment with it. Little were we aware that the cutting-edge voice technology then would become a significant digital trend.
Voice search has come a long way. Think about it – Google Assistant and the newest in the list, Alexa by Amazon, voice technology is the generation’s crowd-favorite? If you are still not convinced, let’s take a quick look at the stat. Do you have any idea about the number of voice assistants sold till date? It’s a whopping 420 million! Gone are the days when voice technology was just used to execute commands like ‘Call Dad’ or ‘Set an Alarm,’ there is much more to it. It has a growing use in the field of search engine.
Focus on voice search SEO because this is modern technology and a new-age digital marketing trick in need.
Got it! You are an SEO genius, ticking off everything from content strategy, creating backlinks to keyword research, and other tricks to build a solid recognition for a brand in the digital platform. But, here’s how you can take the marketing game to a whole new level – Voice Search SEO. After all, virtual voice assistant is the greatest innovation in the field of technology.
Ways to optimize your website presence in voice search:
1. Content with less technical jargon – When the discussion is about SEO, content is an obvious parameter to examine. Do you find it easy to look into a thesaurus or a dictionary for some complex words used in content and that too very often? Certainly not! Well, Google focuses on providing information to the masses in a language that’s easy and totally understandable for an average person. Even stats prove that the language used in a voice search is simple, like words spoken by a ninth-grader. Therefore, to optimize your website, ensure that your content is easy to understand without major technical jargon.
2. Work out an interesting content strategy – Voice assistants are engaging tools. People love to play around and experiment. So, instead of using just keywords like ‘Best Cake,’ your audience loves asking questions like ‘Which is the best cake available in Melbourne?’ A voice search is more of a virtual friend. So, don’t figure the popular keywords only. Think about long-tail keyword phrases or sentences that are conversational.
3. Go for featured snippets – Were you aware that featured snippets appear in more than 30% of Google’s search results? Well, it works wonders in drawing the attention of users. To ensure that your web page pops up in the featured snippet, you must perform the following:
– Create informative content and keep it short and concise
– Make it interesting by including questions. For instance, doing a FAQ page is of great worth
– Use markup language
– If there are questions unanswered on your Google My Business page, answer them
– Create content on the obvious questions related to the product or service you are marketing. This increases conversion by leaps and bounds.
4. Keep a check on your website speed – Remember, your audience today is mostly on a hunt for on-the-go results. Not to mention, mobile browsing is convenient and more popular than ever. If the time taken to load a mobile landing page is 5-10 seconds or lesser, your site has a higher chance to rank well in search results. This is exactly what you need.
Voice search SEO is relatively different from standard SEO practices. However, the fundamental rules of SEO still apply.